Events are occurrences that are held for defining customer needs, attracting new customers, and educating the existing ones. Webinars, tutorials, exhibitions, and other marketing projects can all be managed within the Events section.
Ensure proactive communication with potential and existing customers, plan your budget, select your target audience, assign the responsible team, analyze the efficiency of the conducted marketing campaigns and make corrections based on the analysis results with the Events section.
To create an event:
- Navigate to the Events section
- Click New Event
- Fill out the event data:
Name of the event. This is a required field.
Event type, for example, “Seminar” or “Exhibition.” This is a required field.
Event status, for example, “Planned” or “In progress.” This is a required field.
Creatio user, responsible for the event. This is a required field.
- If necessary, fill out general event information on the General Information tab:
The start and end dates of the time period for the event.
The main goal to be achieved by the event or by your company during the event, for example, “Customer acquisition” or “Report delivery”.
Target area to be covered by the event, for example, “Rural areas” or “Megalopolises.”
Target industry for which the event is conducted, for example, “Insurance” or “Production.”
The number of event participants.
- If necessary, specify the financial indicators.
The financial Indicators reflect the estimated and actual expenses and revenue of your event.
Expected budget, base currency.
The estimated cost of the event in the base currency.
Actual cost, the base currency
Actual expenses for the event in the base currency.
Expected revenue, base currency
Sales revenue obtained as a result of the event.
Actual revenue, base currency
Revenue from marketing resulting from the marketing campaign.
- Specify team details by adding a list of contacts and accounts involved in the preparation of the marketing event.
Event name. This is a non-editable field.
Company working on the event.
Member of the event team.
The role that the contact plays within the event, for example, “Customer” or “Performer.”
Additional information about the team member.
- Specify the audience details on the Audience tab. For more information, please refer to the Manage event audience and responses article.
- Track the history of the event using the History tab:
- Use the Activities detail to manage tasks connected to the current event. This detail displays information from the Activities section. Activities are linked to events via the Event field of the activity page.
- Use the Products detail to manage the list of products involved in the event.
Name of the event that the product is involved in. This is a non-editable field.
The product involved in the event.
Additional information about the product.
- Manage the emails linked to the event in the Emails detail. Emails are linked to events manually or automatically according to the Rules for connecting emails to system sections lookup. Read more: Work with emails.
- The list of marketing campaigns that an event is used in is available in the Campaign detail. It displays information from the Campaigns section. The connection between an event and a campaign is established when the event is added to the campaign flow via the Add from event element.
- Use the Attachments and notes tab to retrieve and update detailed information about the event, as well as attachments and links to the web resources related to the event.
- Store files and links related to the event on the Attachments detail. For example, you can attach a cost estimation sheet for the event or a presentation file.
- Store additional information about the event on the Notes detail. You can edit and organize your lead notes on the detail. If you switch to another tab of the event page, the information on the Notes detail is saved.
- Access feed messages connected to the event on the Feed tab.