The process of new functionality development and delivering involves the following environments:
- Development environment.
- Pre-production environment.
- Production environment.
Learn more about environments in a separate article: Environments.
To avoid irregularities in Creatio and critical errors in the production environment, follow a particular action sequence when transferring the functionality between environments. View the sequence in the figure below.
We recommend developing new functionality in the development environment that has a personal database for each developer. We recommend using a version control system (Subversion, Git, etc.) to transfer changes between environments.
You can export the package to a *.zip archive in the following ways:
- Using the Configuration section. To do this, follow the guide in a separate article: Transfer packages.
- Using the WorkspaceConsole utility. To do this, follow the guide in a separate article: Delivery in WorkspaceConsole.
You can import the package into Creatio in the following ways:
- Using the Creatio UI. This is convenient if your pre-production environment is in the cloud. To do this, follow the guide in a separate article: Delivery in Creatio IDE.
- Using the WorkspaceConsole utility. This is convenient if your pre-production environment is on-site and you use a continuous integration pipeline. To do this, follow the guide in a separate article: Delivery in WorkspaceConsole.
The package import procedure is different for the environment that uses a load balancer. To import the package into the environment that uses a load balancer, follow the instructions in the user documentation article: Install a Marketplace application.
If you find errors during the testing stage, improve the functionality by eliminating them. Repeat steps 1-3 after that.
Before you delivery packages that contain the developed functionality to the Creatio production environment, back up the database. To do this, follow the instructions in a separate article: Update guide. This is a required step since the functionality developed by various third parties can affect the general operativity of Creatio.
Import the package into the production environment similar to the pre-production environment (step 3).