You can migrate Creatio .NET Core 3.1 to .NET 6 as part of the Creatio update process. In general, the migration procedure comprises the following steps:
- Prepare the application server. Read more >>>
- Adapt custom C# code. Read more >>>
- Update Creatio. Read more >>>
Step 1. Prepare the application server
The server must contain software required for .NET 6 to operate as intended. As such, install the following components into the server:
- .NET 6 SDK version 6.0.404 or later. You can download it from the official Microsoft website. Download.
- Hosting Bundle for ASP.NET Core Runtime version 6.0.14 or later (for Windows). You can download it from the official Microsoft website. Download.
Step 2. Adapt custom C# code
Depending on the libraries you used in C# schemas to customize Creatio, you might need to adapt custom C# code when moving to .NET 6. For example:
- If the client package code reads from CryptoStream, GZipStream, DeflateStream, add a check that the requested number of bytes was read. Learn more in the official Microsoft documentation: Partial and zero-byte reads in DeflateStream, GZipStream, and CryptoStream.
- Use ImageSharp, SkiaSharp, Microsoft.Maui.Graphics libraries instead of System.Drawing.Common. The behavior of this library might differ on Windows and Unix systems, therefore Microsoft recommends not using it. Learn more in the official Microsoft documentation: System.Drawing.Common only supported on Windows.
Learn more about breaking changes in .NET 6 that might require code adaptation in the official Microsoft documentation: Breaking changes in .NET 6.
To find custom C# code to adapt, we recommend updating a test or pre-production environment to .NET 6 first and testing the functionality implemented using custom C# code on the environment. This lets you find breaking changes that only appear in runtime and adapt required code before updating the production environment.
Step 3. Update Creatio
The update process is similar to updating Creatio .NET Core. However, you have to use Creatio .NET 6 archive as part of the update. Learn more about updating Creatio in a separate article: Update guide.
If you adapted custom C# code, install packages that contain adapted code into the environment after you update it.