Make sure that the publication resources of a Marketplace app meet the following groups of requirements:
- Requirements for general properties
- Requirements for additional properties
- Requirements for terms and conditions
- Requirements for licensing
- Requirements for pricing
Requirements for general properties
Fill out the general properties of your Marketplace app on the General information tab. To open the tab, follow the instruction in a separate article: Open the properties page of a Marketplace app. Learn more about the purpose of the Marketplace app’s general properties in a separate article: Steps to publish the Marketplace app.
Requirements for name
Enter the name of the Marketplace app in the Product name property.
Requirements for name:
- The name of your app must be unique compared to other Marketplace apps published on Creatio Marketplace. The name must describe the Marketplace app’s functionality.
- Word count: up to 5 words.
- Length: up to 70 characters.
Use one of the templates for the name of the Marketplace app depending on the app type. View the available templates in the table below.
Type Template Example Add-on The name of the add-on with the for Creatio suffix Reload data button for Creatio Software solution The name of the software solution with the Creatio suffix Pharma Creatio Connector The name of the external app with connector for Creatio suffix Asterisk connector for Creatio The name of the external app with the integration for Creatio suffix Asterisk integration for Creatio
Requirements for brief information
Enter the brief information about the Marketplace app in the Product summary property.
Requirements for brief information:
- The brief information must describe the primary functionality and explain the name of the Marketplace app (the Product name property).
- Sentence count: up to 2 sentences.
- Length: up to 250 characters.
- Do not use explicit evaluative definitions, for example, “the best,” “top 1,” “unique,” “single,” “real,” “perfect“ etc.
- Do not add image links.
- The brief connector information must contain the description of the connector functionality, not the functionality of the external app integrated with Creatio.
- The brief connector information must contain the name of the external app integrated with Creatio, for example, “Asterisk telephony,” “TurboSMS email service.”
- The brief information must not contain lexical, syntax, or semantic errors.
Requirements for app logo
Upload the logo of the Marketplace app to the Logo property.
Requirements for the app logo:
- Size: 260x216 pixels or larger proportionally.
- Format: *.png, *.jpg.
- Use a high-quality logo without pixelization.
- Do not use the Creatio logo as the logo or part of the logo.
- Do not use dark colors for the logo background.
- Do not round the corners of the logo background.
Recommendations for the app logo:
- The logo reaches 2 or more borders of the image.
- Add the logo of the Marketplace app developer to the bottom of the logo (Developer profile → General info tab → Logo property).
- Use colors of the Marketplace app developer in the logo.
- Do not add text or labels to the logo.
- Fill out 70% of the logo or more.
Requirements for additional properties
Fill out the additional properties of the Marketplace app on the Details tab. To open the tab, follow the instruction in a separate article: Open the properties page of a Marketplace app. Learn more about the purpose of the Marketplace app's additional properties in a separate article: Steps to publish the Marketplace app.
Requirements for detailed description
Enter the detailed description of the Marketplace app in the Product description property.
Requirements for detailed description:
- Use a detailed description that both existing and potential Creatio users can understand.
- Use the terminology from the Creatio documentation for UI elements. The terminology must be consistent throughout the instruction. Use the terminology listed in a separate article: Glossary.
- Capitalize names of Marketplace app objects, for example, section, page, field, etc.
- Do not describe the base Creatio functionality in the detailed description. The exceptions are Marketplace apps that have to highlight the industry-specific use of the base functionality.
- Do not use explicit evaluative definitions, for example, “the best,” “top 1,” “unique,” “single,” “real,” “perfect“ etc.
- Do not add information from other properties to the detailed description.
- Describe only the implemented Marketplace app functionality in the detailed description.
- The detailed connector description must contain the description of connector functionality, not the functionality of the external app integrated with Creatio.
- Do not advertise other apps, products, or services in the detailed description. You can describe the paid versions of the current Marketplace app or products that expand the app.
- The detailed description must not contain lexical, syntax, or semantic errors.
View the mandatory structure of the detailed connector description in the table below.
|The external app integrated with Creatio.||Connector to the “My calls” cloud service that collects and analyzes calls lets you expand the history of communication with customers and partners. The records of incoming and outgoing calls from Android smartphones as well as links to recorded calls are saved to Creatio. The connector also lets you track employee performance using various call reports.|
|The business problem that the external app solves.|
|The business value of the Creatio integration with the external app.|
|The connector operation in Creatio and the external app.|
|The target audience of the connector.||The connector helps companies whose primary customer communication channel are mobile phone calls, for example, field sales. For such companies, it is particularly important to record phone conversations, analyze their statuses and characteristics as well as listen to records for further employee training and service quality improvement.|
|The business problem that the the connector solves.|
|Specifics of the industry whose needs the connector fulfills. Optional.|
|The functionality and entities of the connector, for example, section, page, business process, etc., that are added to Creatio and the external app.||
|Special features of user interaction with Creatio and the external app after the integration setup.|
|New user capabilities the integration provides.|
|Environment to use the connector.||The SIM card specified in the account settings must be active to synchronize the service with Creatio.|
|The business problems that the connector does not solve.|
|Connector development roadmap. Optional.|
|The external app conditions required to implement the integration. Optional. For example, the telephony requires the external app license to operate correctly.|
|The compatibility of the external app with external software.|
View the mandatory structure of the detailed add-on description in the table below.
|The business value of the Creatio integration with the external app.||The “Advanced schedule for Creatio” add-on lets you create various work schedules and limits the Creatio calendar according to the work schedule specified for each employee.|
|The functionality added to Creatio.|
|Use cases of the Marketplace app.||The add-on helps clinics, beauty salons, car services, etc. You can use it to schedule visits to certain specialists (employees) during their working hours. The add-on also lets you schedule meetings of sales associates created by contact center operators / telemarketing employees quicker and easier.|
|Creatio entities, for example, section, page, business process, etc., that the add-on modifies.||
You can create and set up the employee schedule in the “Work schedule” section flexibly based on the following templates:
|Usage of changed entities.|
|Required environment for the add-on.||
|The business problems that the add-on does not solve.|
|The limitations of the add-on.|
|Add-on development roadmap. Optional.|
View the examples of detailed Marketplace app descriptions that meet the requirements on separate pages: Microsoft Word plugin for Creatio, Business Card Scanner Mobile for Creatio, Calculated metrics for Creatio. You can also view detailed descriptions of the other Marketplace apps on Creatio Marketplace.
Requirements for support conditions
Enter the terms and conditions of technical support for Marketplace app users in the Support conditions property.
The technical support provided for the users depends on the Marketplace app model.
Requirements for technical support of paid apps:
- Provide support for the “Basic” and “Business” packages. Support for the “Premium” package is optional. Learn more about support packages on the official Creatio website.
- Calculate the price for the technical support of the Marketplace app similarly to the price for the technical support of base Creatio products.
- We recommend phrasing the support terms as follows: "Support is provided by the developer within the "Basic" and "Business" packages. Detailed information about the support packages and the support terms can be found on the Creatio website.".
- If needed, you can extend the technical support terms using the description that does not contradict the terms of Creatio support packages.
Requirements for technical support of free apps:
- Provide support via e-mail.
- If needed, you can specify the technical support terms.
- Technical support is required for free connectors that connect Creatio to a paid external app.
- We recommend phrasing the support terms as follows: “To keep this app free of charge support is provided only by email.”
Requirements for screenshots
Upload screenshots that demonstrate the Marketplace app functionality to the Screenshots property.
Requirements for screenshots:
- Number: 2 or more.
- Format: *.png, *.gif, *.jpg.
- Use a high-quality picture without pixelization.
- Take the screenshots on the latest English Creatio version.
- Hide the Creatio version number from the screenshots. To do this, use the Show configuration version (ShowConfigurationVersion code) system setting.
- Use the default color palette of the Creatio section panel on the screenshots.
- Use the default Creatio logo on the screenshots.
- Focus on showcasing the Marketplace app functionality on the screenshots. Do not display base functionality that is irrelevant to the Marketplace app functionality.
- Display only the base sections and Marketplace app sections on the screenshots.
- Display the entire working area of the browser window without the elements of the operating system on the screenshots.
- Take the screenshots on the same screen. Maximize the browser window and use the 100% zoom level.
- The screenshots must include the Creatio UI in its entirety. Do not crop the Creatio UI, for example, the section panel.
- The screenshots must not contain arrows, additional labels, and mouse cursor.
- The screenshots must not contain external apps unrelated to Creatio.
- Display the demo data relevant for the target audience and distribution region of the Marketplace app on the screenshots. For example, names, cities, phone numbers, etc.
- Do not use presentation slides, charts, illustrations, or text documents as screenshots.
- The connector screenshots must display the connector operation in Creatio, not the external app.
- You can add up to 2 screenshots of the external app.
View the example screenshots in the table below.
Requirements for terms and conditions
Set up the terms and conditions on the Installation and setup tab. To open the tab, follow the instruction in a separate article: Open the properties page of a Marketplace app. Learn more about the purpose of Marketplace app terms and conditions in a separate article: Steps to publish the Marketplace app.
Requirement for terms and conditions: the app must include the terms and conditions.
Requirements for licensing
Set up licenses on the Packages and updates tab. To open the tab, follow the instruction in a separate article: Open the properties page of a Marketplace app. Learn more about the purpose of Marketplace app licensing in a separate article: Steps to publish the Marketplace app.
Requirements for licensing:
- Paid Marketplace apps must be licensed.
- Name a licensed product based on the following template: [Name of Marketplace app] [Version (if exists)] + [Creatio cloud or on-site]. For example, Pharma Creatio cloud, Pharma Creatio on-site subscription).
- The name of the licensed product can contain Latin characters, digits, and hyphens. Other characters are not permitted. The licensed product name cannot start with a digit.
- View the index of licensed elements in the Developer profile (Packages and updates tab → Licensed objects and Licensed operations properties).
Set up licenses based on the rules in the table below.
Licensed element Licensing requirement Limitations Objects License custom objects whose name starts with the developer prefix. Maximum number of licensed objects for add-ons and connectors: 3. Number of licensed objects for software solutions: 3–5. Operations License operations if the package does not contain licensed objects. Maximum number of licensed operations: unlimited.
- The subscription type determines the license type. Learn more in a separate article: Marketplace app licensing.
Requirements for pricing
Set up the price on the Price tab. To open the tab, follow the instruction in a separate article: Open the properties page of a Marketplace app. Learn more about the purpose of the Marketplace app’s pricing properties in a separate article: Steps to publish the Marketplace app.
Requirements for Marketplace app pricing depend on the Marketplace app model.
Requirements for pricing of paid apps
Requirements for pricing of paid apps:
- Set the price of the Marketplace app based on the subscription type, similarly to the price of base Creatio products. Learn more in a separate article: Marketplace app licensing. The users pay per the limited app usage period, 3 years in the standard model. Users must pay for a subscription to extend it after the period ends.
- Select a licensed model that enables users to subscribe to the Marketplace app for either a single user or unlimited number of users.
- Specify a fixed price for paid apps. You can add multiple versions of the Marketplace app, for example, base, extended, etc. Specify the price for each version of the Marketplace app.
- Explicitly state the requirement to purchase another Marketplace app or multiple license types of the current Marketplace app (Price tab → Comment property).
- Explicitly state the requirement to purchase external apps or services, for example, for connectors (Price tab → Comment property). Specify the link to the corresponding price list or contact data to receive the price list.
- For connectors, explicitly state whether the purchase of external apps is required or their price is included in the connector price (Price tab → Comment property).
- If you update the price and/or sale conditions after the vendor / Sales Partner / Marketplace partner presented the offer to a customer, the app can be distributed with the conditions and prices of the original offer within 1 month since the update without agreement of other participants. Learn more on the page 6 of the Creatio Marketplace partner program.
Requirements for pricing of free apps
Requirement for pricing of free apps: select a free promotion model of the Marketplace app if you are a vendor of your own solutions and are going to integrate them with Creatio. The purpose of the free Marketplace app model is to attract prospects. Such apps let you increase brand awareness and the number of customers. Publish the connector on the Creatio Marketplace to attract new customers and profit from your solution.
Change the pricing model
You can change the pricing model of your Marketplace app from free to paid.
Follow these requirements to change the pricing model of your Marketplace app from free to paid:
Release a paid Marketplace app in one of the following ways:
- Release the paid Marketplace app as a new app. In this case, Creatio Marketplace will have a free app that contains the functionality of the previous version and a paid app that contains additional functionality.
- Release a paid version of the published Marketplace app. In this case, Creatio Marketplace will archive the free version and users will no longer be adbleto install it. Only the paid app version will be available on the Creatio Marketplace.
- Enable users who already have the free version of the Marketplace app to continue using it for free.
- Add new custom objects to the licensed object list. If you do not change the functionality of the Marketplace app for the paid version, add a licensed operation. In this case, users who have the free app version will be able to use the free version. Learn more about licensing in a separate article: Marketplace app licensing.
- Support the free and paid versions of the Marketplace app according to the current support terms. Learn more about support terms in a different section: Requirements for published Marketplace app resources.
To change the pricing model of the Marketplace app from free to paid:
- Modify the Marketplace app settings on the Marketplace app page of Developer profile.
Send the changes to the Marketplace app settings to the Creatio Marketplace support in one of the following ways:
- Click Send for verification in the Developer profile.
- Contact the Creatio Marketplace support (email@example.com) directly.