A demo version of a Marketplace app is a set of packages that contain sample data, and pre-configured functionality, such as test integration for the connector. A demo version enables the user to use the Marketplace app immediately after installation without additional setup. The demo version availability minimizes the time for preparing the presentation to the users and ensures a sufficient user satisfaction level. The purpose of the demo version is to showcase how the Marketplace app operates in Creatio.
The Marketplace app must contain the following types of sample data:
- Softkey data are samples of the base Creatio objects or sections that enable users to get to know the product quicker. Add softkey data to the package that contains the Marketplace app functionality. Softkey records must be in English and have the (sample) suffix at the end of the name.
- Demo data (demo records) are samples of Creatio object records stored in an individual package. This package must depend on the package that contains the Marketplace app functionality.
- Showcase records are section records that contain the maximum volume of demo data. The first three records in a section must be showcase records.
Before you create a demo version, ensure that you follow the requirements listed in a separate article: Requirements for a Marketplace app.
Deploy a build of the latest Creatio version that contains demo data.
You can order a build in the following ways:
- Install a package that contains the Marketplace app functionality. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Install apps from the Marketplace.
- Create a dedicated app for demo data. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Create a custom app. Use the following package name template: PackageName_Demo. For example, LabReports_Demo. Store this app in an individual package.
- Add a package that contains the Marketplace app functionality to the package dependencies.
Add demo data to sections and lookups.
- If you use Creatio on-site or in the cloud, add demo data on behalf of the John Best user (76929f8c-7e15-4c64-bdb0-adc62d383727 contact ID).
- If you use Creatio trial, add demo data on behalf of the Application Hub user that ordered the trial.
To add demo data to Creatio on-site:
- Add a filter id = 76929f8c-7e15-4c64-bdb0-adc62d383727 to the Contacts section and fix the contact name.
- Add a Creatio user and connect them to the contact from the previous step. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Add users.
- Log in to Creatio as the created user and add demo data on their behalf.
- Bind Marketplace app demo data to Creatio demo data. Bindings is recommended for data integrity. Showcase records must be bound to the Alexander Wilson contact (98dae6f4-70ae-4f4b-9db5-e4fcb659ef19 ID) and Alpha Business account (98dae6f4-70ae-4f4b-9db5-e4fcb659ef19 ID) where appropriate.
- Configure the sorting of demo records so that the showcase records are displayed at the top of the section list. If you have not selected or filled out the showcase records yet, configure the sorting before populating the showcase records.
- Bind the list settings, sorting, app demo data, and needed base demo data to the package. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Packages basics.
- Download a demo version of the Marketplace app. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Application Hub.
Verify the completeness and correctness of bound data.
- Order a Creatio trial via the link.
- Install packages that contain the Marketplace app functionality. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Transfer packages.
- Install the package that contains the Marketplace app demo version. To do this, follow the instruction in a separate article: Transfer packages.
- Add the package that contains the Marketplace app demo data (the Package with demo data property of the Packages and updates tab) to the Marketplace app page in Developer profile.
- Click Send for verification to send the package that contains the demo version to Creatio Marketplace support for verification.