In Creatio, apps are function blocks that solve business problems. For example, an app can be a set of payroll management tools. An app can consist of one or more content packages. Packages are added automatically when you create a new app.
Creatio generates package names automatically.
You can view the name in the Advanced settings block of the No-Code Designer.
Apps can include:
- sections that are displayed as navigation menu items and comprise various custom UIs
- various pages implemented using Freedom UI, e. g, lists, edit pages, dashboards
- navigation items (new sections)
- business processes
- custom REST and SOAP service integrations
- other schema types that are a part of Creatio configuration, e. g., objects, data bindings, SQL scripts, etc.
Create and set up apps in a single place using the No-Code Designer, which lets you streamline the development process as much as possible.
To create a new app:
- Click in the top right → “Application Hub.”
- Click New application (Fig. 1). This opens a box.
- Select a new app template based on your business goals in the box (Fig. 2). For example, select “Records and business processes” to add a list and record page to the app automatically. Click Select to confirm the template. This opens a box.
- Take the following steps in the box:
Select the app icon by clicking the arrows or using the scroll wheel.
Select the app icon color.
Enter the app name in the Give it a name field. The app name must be unique. This is a required field.
Specify the business problem the app solves in the Describe what it’s for (optional) field.
Click Create (Fig. 3).
As a result, a new app will open. The app will contain the elements included in the template. For example, a list page and form page. You can also add the following elements in the Freedom UI Designer:
- other pages
- data models (bound objects)
- business processes and cases
- REST and SOAP service integrations
- additional values, links to lookups and sections in the Additional settings block
- any other elements, similarly to setup in the Configuration section Learn more in the developer documentation: Develop in Creatio IDE.
You can also import existing objects from packages. Learn more in the developer documentation: Deployment in Creatio IDE.
To view the results or test the app in operation, click Run app.